Wednesday, August 21, 2013

outfit // berries + bar food

Okay, so I don't know about you, but sometimes I just love me some bar food. Wings, french fries, etc. So, what could be better than bar food but free bar food? I've been hearing about Bare Bones' free buffet happy hour for awhile and finally got the chance to check it out. I was not disappointed. It was totally great and the bar side of the restaurant (which I haven't been in since the days people were allowed to smoke in restaurants) had a really cool vibe and atmosphere. 
In addition to my recent bar food adventure I also went to one of my favorite places-Larriland Farms. It's blackberry season right now and I took full advantage of this (about 4lbs. of berries, people). 
After picking them I went and made my very first pie! It wasn't too shabby looking if I don't mind saying so myself :). Besides the fact that as soon as I cut into it it was a gloppy mess, it was great (ha!). 
Hey, a girls gotta re-apply, right?
Okay, so my outfit...prints on prints, baby! I went with a pretty monochromatic color scheme but played around with different prints to make the outfit more interesting. And, of course, I wore my fav Summer sandals to go with my other gold accents (watch, necklace). To be honest, I probably will never wear this shirt again. It was a goodwill purchase and I loved it on the rack. But, creating a really great, flattering outfit is all about knowing your body and this girl's got some broad shoulders. While boxy cuts may look great on some people, they aren't the best for me. Ya live, ya learn! :)
shirt // thrifted
skirt // macys
belt // forever 21
necklace // need supply co.
purse // target
watch // fossil
sandals // target

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...